8th Annual Emerging Learning Design Conference – Call for Proposals
8th Annual Emerging Learning Design Conference (#ELDc18)
May 31st – June 1st, 2018 at Montclair State University.
The theme for this year’s conference is
From Learner Centered to Learner Experience (LX)
Education has changed more in the last 25 years than the 250 before that. Whereas once the norm was teacher-focused, sage-on-the-stage, a shift is still going on that places the learner at the core of the learning experience. Driven by the wide adoption of design thinking and user experience processes, LX pushes to make sure the learner voice is integrated more purposefully by sharing the experience development and iteration process with those for whom it is designed.
From an emphasis on scaffolding and creating software with Learner Centered Design to the wide adoption of design thinking and user experience processes with Learning Experience (LX) Design the goal continues to be to create effective and meaningful experiences for the learner. ELDc18 seeks to bring together diverse voices and innovative approaches to designing with the learner in mind.
The following topics are examples, but are in no way exhaustive or limited:
- How might learners be involved in the design and evaluation of learning experiences?
- What are examples of personalized learning and what can we learn from these experiments?
- How can we use learning analytics to better understand aspects of learning experiences?
- What are some organizational approaches to incorporating user experience research and iteration into the learning design process?
Submission are encouraged that tie to the theme, our mission, or, any of our ELDc18 Keywords
ELDc18 Submission Information
- Proposal Deadline: December 1, 2017
- Visit the ELDc18 Conference Website for
- Proposals Submission Form
- Session Types & Keywords
ELD conferences provide physical space for the ongoing discussion of how pedagogy, research, and scholarship can be be enhanced and transformed by technology. The ELD Annual Conference is a space designed to showcase innovation as well as to engage in a vibrant and dynamic discourse. The ELD Annual Conference makes its home at Montclair State University (MSU.)
Please contact email@example.com for more information.