[UPDATE - the call for logo designs has closed. Once a winner is selected we will make an announcement here]
The Emerging Learning Design Conference announces a competition open to anyone possessing the graphic design skills to create a high impact logo. The winning design will be used on all promotional material produced by the conference.[i]
Logo should reflect and embody the theme of the conference “Innovative Practices for Digital Teaching and Learning”. Details on the conference can be found at http://eld.montclair.edu and specifically at http://eld.montclair.edu/about/.
The following specifications must be met for an entry to be accepted:
- No more than 2-3 color choices, but color is at the discretion of the designer.
- Font selection should be simple and limited to not more than 2 fonts.
- Logo must have a strong impact in both color and black and white.
- Logo must be submitted in a scalable, ready to print format (CMYK, 300 dpi), preferably an Illustrator compatible vector file as well as a PDF.
All submissions must be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and will receive a confirmation of receipt within 1 business day. Submission email must include:
- Phone contact
- If you are a student, please indicate the institution or school you currently attend.
- If you are under 18 years of age, please ask a parent to email the submission on your behalf and also indicate in the email that s/he has seen these submission guidelines and is submitting the design on your behalf.
All submission files should be attached to the email. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on
November 23, 2011. November 29th, 2011 (UPDATE: in order to compensate for the US Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, we’ve extended the entry deadline a few days)
Upon selecting a winning design, the Emerging Learning Design Conference will send out a press release that will include the design and information on the designer. In addition, a certificate of appreciation will be presented to the successful designer during one of the main-session events the day of the conference, June 1, 2012.
Logo Design Panel
Anthony Fontana – Instructor of Art, Bowling Green State University
Laura Gesin – ELD Public Relations Lead, Communications High School
AJ Kelton – ELD Conference Chair, Montclair State University
John Luttropp – Art and Design Professor, Montclair State University
Frank Migliorelli – Owner, MigIdea Experience & Media Design
[i] The artist submitting a design for this competition acknowledges that they are submitting an original work that is their own and does not infringe on any outside copyrights or trademarks. The winner will grant the Emerging Learning Design conference full use of the selected design, in perpetuity, under the CC-BY Creative Commons license and grants all others use under the CC-BY-NC-ND license. Creative Commons license information can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/